I have always had a desire to visit Scotland. It’s beauty and intrigue have fueled the many books I have read over the course of my life (mostly romances). Additionally, the Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon has only strengthened my desire to see Scotland.
While I have not been to Scotland yet, I enjoy finding pictures and gazing at the beauty in the images. Here is my list of the places I most desire to visit when I go:
5) Inverness—The largest city of the Scottish Highlands, full of history and close to the next place on my list.
4) Culloden—This is where the final battle of the Jacobites and English forces took place in 1745. Pictures of the moor do not completely show the spirits I think still reside there. Drace felt it when he visited with Cerise in Dark Lord of Kismera.
3) Loch Ness—I want to visit Urquhart Castle on the loch and maybe see Nessie. How cool would that be?
2) Edinburgh—I would love to spend several days exploring Edinburgh Castle, perhaps getting to see some of Holyrood Palace, and the Royal Mile in-between.
1) Isle of Skye—Some of the most moving and beautiful pictures of Scotland come from Skye. I think it would take a few weeks to really see most of this island. I’m willing to take the challenge to do so, however.
Who else wants to explore the amazing Scotland? Share what places you would like to see in the comments!